Sweet potatoes are healthier than white potatoes. But not when you load them with brown sugar! The fact is, both sweet and white potatoes have the same amount of carbs, but the glycemic index is lower for sweet potatoes. (Meaning your blood sugar won’t rise as fast.) Besides that, they are so rich in Vitamin A-great for the eyes, skin, and overall functioning of our cells.
I’m a carb-a-holic, and I could eat potatoes every day. So swapping out white potatoes for sweet potatoes makes me feel a little healthier. Don’t we all want to be a little healthier?
Try this tasty, easy way to make sweet potatoes. You need:
- 5 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter (this is optional)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Preheat the oven to 375.
1) Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
2) Cut into circles. They are harder to cut through than white potatoes so this is actually the hardest step for me. My husband says our knives are just dull.. LOL
3) Pour olive oil on the bottom of an 11 by 15 inch pan. Add potatoes.
4) Add salt, pepper, garlic salt and any other seasoning you enjoy. Add butter if desired.
5) Place them in the oven for an hour. Stir occasionally.
6) When they are soft, they are ready! (Usually about an hour.)
How did your potatoes come out? Please leave a comment below.